Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies
I love cookies. We generally call them biscuits here in Australia but ‘cookies’ sounds snug and warm to me and as winter is approaching these Oatmeal and Raisin Cookies take the cake! Or the cookie as the case may be…I made these for the kids lunches last week – and they doubled as an after school snack – so good!
This cookie recipe is super easy (and delicious!)
- 1 1/2 cups oats (good old-fashioned normal ones – not quick oats)
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins (or sultanas)
- 85 gms butter (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
- Beat both butters and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, place all the dry ingredients (oats, flour, raisins and baking soda) and stir well. Add into the sugar/egg/butter combination and mix until combined.
- Place balls of mixture onto a greased, flat tray and flatten slightly. Bake until cookies are golden brown, for about 15 minutes, rotating halfway through. Cool for 5-10 minutes on tray, then transfer to a wire rack.
And there you have it, oatmeal and raisin cookies!